So today we arrived in Vienna, which is the capitol of Austria. This city totally smells like food. Yummy! Mostly Kebaps and hot dogs! We are staying at the Wombats Hostel and it is amazing! It´s huge and very clean and organized. The bar area is pretty cool to chill at. We get a buffet breakfast for 3.50€ and a free welcome beer. I think there might be a lot of students living here because we see people studying, so I wonder if rent here in this city is expensive and it´s actually cheaper to rent out a room here at this hostel with a few friends, dorm style?! People here Speak German and they seem really nice. Since it´s almost Christmas time, they have a ton of Christmas markets here and lots of Christmas lights. I love the market! They have this big market right by The Rathaus and the stands are filled with candycanes, chocolate, Christmas decorations, delicious food such as a huge baked potatoe and you get to pick the toppings (sour cream, bacon, green onions, cheese and more) also this drink that everyone has called Orangen Punsch, it´s a hot orange flavored wine, I tried it, but I did not like the taste of it. I´m guessing it´s very typical here though. We visited the St. Stephen's Cathedral (Stephansdom) I got to see inside the State Opera (Staatsoper), venue of the annual ball, which was very beautiful and the Imperial Court Theatre (Burgtheater). We also walked by this Jewish memorial and the Anchor Clock.
We wanted to find a cool place to eat and we ran into this Spanish lady and her husband who happened to live there and she told us to go to this one area so we did, but it was full of fancy restaurants and we are poor travelers, haha. While we were there we ran into this russian guy, who I think was drunk out of his mind, but it was some good entertainment. The transportation here is expensive too 1.80€ one way on the metro and animals are allowed. This city is quite expensive if you ask me. The temperature is about 16ºC so it´s not so bad for November. We ran for the train once again which cost us 59€ to Prague, expensive!I liked Vienna a lot.




No comments:
Post a Comment