Wednesday, May 5, 2010

2 Psalms for your heart

I just got off the phone with Dani, he said Psalm 130:5-6 spoke to him today.

Psalm 130
A song of ascents.
 1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;  2 O Lord, hear my voice.
       Let your ears be attentive
       to my cry for mercy.
 3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins,
       O Lord, who could stand?
 4 But with you there is forgiveness;
       therefore you are feared.
 5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
       and in his word I put my hope.
 6 My soul waits for the Lord
       more than watchmen wait for the morning,
       more than watchmen wait for the morning.
 7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
       for with the LORD is unfailing love
       and with him is full redemption.
 8 He himself will redeem Israel
       from all their sins.

I love how it says in his word I put my hope. 

The crazy thing is that God the night of  Feb 8, 2010 gave me Psalm 131 when I was going through a really tough time and Dani and I had taken some time away from each other to think about things. After I read Psalm 131:3 and replaced the word Israel and put my own name there I stopped crying.

Psalm 131

A song of ascents. Of David.
 1 My heart is not proud, O LORD,
       my eyes are not haughty;
       I do not concern myself with great matters
       or things too wonderful for me.
  
2 But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
       like a weaned child with its mother,
       like a weaned child is my soul within me.
 3 O Israel (my name), put your hope in the LORD
       both now and forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment