So last night I called Dani to see how things were going in Madrid and he was in a taxi on his way home. He asked me if I had already heard the news and I had no idea what he was talking about. He told me he was at Puerta Del Sol the most centric place possible in Spain and he heard 3 gunshots so being the amateur photographer that he is, he ran over there and saw what happened and quickly snapped some photos with his 5D Mark II. After this El Pais and El Mundo two really big newspapers were fighting over who he sold the pictures to. He later was taken to the headquarters to make a deal. This is the picture that was published and this is the article photo taken by Daniel Leal Olivas. I can´t believe how great God is, he had a better chance of winning the lottery than being at the right place at the right time with a camera! There are no coincidences here folks! I knew when we hung up last night today was just going to get better for him. He has been asked to be interviewed on every single news channel here in Spain and they asked him if he worked for El Pais because they don´t understand how he took such a great picture. Honestly, I´m no photographer, but it´s a great shot! He was congratulated for his work, but we understand that there was a person injured during this, so we need to think about this poor couple as well. I know Dani will say a few words to them when he is being interviewed. I have no doubt in my mind, that´s just how Dani is. I am hooked on facebook all day and hooked to all the news channels. I want to call him, but I know his phone is probably about to explode so I will call him tonight when things have calmed down a bit. I hope he gets a job offer in Madrid; it would be the start of his Photojournalist dream. He is also a member of Demotix and his story is one of the features on the main page. You can also see a few more shots taken by him.

No comments:
Post a Comment