I was supposed to leave Spain on April 20th, but because of the volcanic ash in the sky, tons of flights were canceled and airports closed. This was a huge interruption to many people including myself. My flight was canceled, but I had to do everything as if I was going to leave that day just in case something changed, it was very stressful, but I didn´t really have a choice. As a result of this, I had to call my airline and get my date changed and they changed it for 3 weeks after. I could not believe that I had to wait that much longer, but it was a blessing in disguise. I was able to hang around here a bit more, not really sure what for, but I know He has a reason. The downside about this was that a very special friend of mine had to leave for Madrid today, May 5th-10th and will not be here to say goodbye to me, instead I had to go say goodbye to him at the airport. I honestly miss him already, I thought that it wouldn’t be so hard, but it is. It has been the most intense 8 months of my life and we have been through so much together already. We witnessed a miracle together that brought us closer and strengthen both of our faith. I honestly can´t say that I was looking for any of this, but it just happened. Now I feel like part of my heart has been taken away, but I know that this will be a test for both of us. I want to grow spiritually by myself and want to become a better woman of God. We will be in contact as much as possible and I know I will see him again, but I have a feeling it won´t be as soon as I hope. I will just have to keep trusting in Him and have faith that everything will be okay. I know they will, but it´s not going to be easy.
I wanted to document this so that I can remember this day forever. I can still feel as if he´s holding my hand with his soft grip and I´m looking up at him saying my goodbyes. As I watched him walk away through the glass wall by the security check my heart began to ache, but at that very moment something told me I will see him again.
You know how much you mean to me and everything we have gone through, I just hope this is the start of a new and different friendship. Thank you for my heart-shaped, blue cheese pasta and salad dinner last night, it was incredible! The best part was, making it together. Thank you for everything I have lived with you these last 8 months, for your help and support in every part of my little life. I will always remember those famous words of yours: Fight for your DREAMS!
No comments:
Post a Comment